<VV> Engine Noise

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 16:00:54 EDT 2014

Howdy,
I am helping a lady whose '66 'vert developed engine noise after a "mechanic"
worked on it The noise sounds a bit like valve train noise. I adjusted the
rocker arms with the engine hot and running. This helped some. The pushrod
o-rings were replaced as were the gaskets for the top engine cover. Using a
stethoscope the noise is louder on the engine block. Top ventilator cover
installrd wrong? That is all I can think of. Your thoughts please.
Thanks,
Bob

Only goes on one way....   that fact that adjusting the valves "helped some"  points back to them.

Has She returned to the mechanic to  see what he says?

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages