<VV> belt tensioner tool

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 00:17:40 EDT 2014

Ron - You must be intimately familiar with your local nut house!  <grin>

 Similar to the quoted Tech guide suggestion, I have used the  two-stud
approach with either the yank and tighten option for the standard  idler, (only
yank "so"- hard!) and with Lon Walls spring loaded idler kit. When  the
studs are installed correctly, I use a 3/8" coarse nut, with a large washer  to
spread the contact area, to adjust the clamping force on the idler or the
sleeve, then I "double-nut" a second nut against the first to maintain the
adjustment. This is the best way to set up any of the spring-loaded idlers,
but  can be used with the stockers as well. PS - Don't bother with Nylock
fasteners, they won't take the heat on the motor.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 9/20/2014 6:01:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,