<VV> Friction modifier additive for engine and transmison oils

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Sep 26 16:55:28 EDT 2014

Also this one:

adding extra additives to a already fully formulated engine or gear oil
comes with some inherent dangers. since the user normally does not know
the exact composition of the oil or the package to be added, he has no
way knowing whether the components when mixed will do some good or some
bad or perhaps both. and of course these products are usually backed up
by some irrelevant tests and never by full scale engine tests as
required in the ACEA or API testing sequences. so there is no objective
proof of their claims.

that does not include that some products might work, but there is no
reliable way of knowing they do. "nano" nowadays is a buzzword - in
future we most likely will see a lot of "nano stuff" introduced in
lubricants and preliminary scientific testing results seem to indicate
that a lot of knowledge we have may need some reconsidering when those
developments progress, but at this moment in time it is still far to
early to know whether that actually will happen.

for the time being the "advertorial" in the video can be categorized in
the same category as all those gadgets that promise you a sixpack in a
few weeks....