<VV> Spark plug boots

hallgrenn hallgrenn at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 19:32:43 EDT 2014

Ralph,
If you have the correct boots they should have a ridge that anchors them to the top shroud.  If the boots are properly seated in the top shroud then the spark plug connections should be tight as well--assuming the boots and plug connection is properly spaced.  (If bought them from Seth then they are).
The only boot I have ever lost came out with the spark plug when the damaged threads let go.
Bob Hall

Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

I first noticed the problem after I had been really getting on it on a nice drive on country roads. The 140 will "put put" on easy throttle, light load. And has gotten very rough and shaking the car. No backfires. Sometimes it seems like there is a "restriction" holding "it" back some.
I found I could pull the plug wire very easily on 1 plug this time and another a different time.

Question: how do I ensure the wires are secure? How is the air seal on the wire supposed to look? "Domed" or "flat"
Did I "blow" the wire off the plug in my enthusiasm?

Ralph
69/140/4