<VV> Tranny and rear axle oil

Vairtec Corp vairtec at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 20:41:45 EDT 2015

Smitty wrote:

> The more I learn the more I am confused about what is right.

This was me.  But Richard Widman's writings helped me immensely, and my
local club tackled this issue for a tech session last Fall.  For the
tech session we had on hand a Brad Penn product, an 80W-90 GL-5
specifically recommended by Brad Penn for older transmissions and hypoid
gear rear axles.

Everything I have read to date leads me to believe that this particular
Brad Penn product is the right one to use.  There are others, but I was
able to order the Brad Penn product from Amazon, where a case of 12
quarts cost me $82 delivered to my door.   This stuff is now in my
Rampside (as is Brad Penn motor oil).  Aside from Amazon, there are some
Brad Penn dealers around, so depending on where you are you may be able
to pick up this product locally.

--Bob