<VV> Red Line Oil Web Site - answer?

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 6 17:50:59 EDT 2015

From: J. R. Read
To: AAVV
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 4:37 PM
Subject: Fw: Red Line Oil Web Site - answer?

Some of you are not going to like the answer that I got back from Red Line since they are saying that GL-5 was the original spec for Corvair.  Was it even around in the '60s?

See their answer below.

PS:  I did NOT ask about posi.

Later, JR

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, in your Corvair transaxle the 75W90NS is recommended as a GL-5 was originally specified.
The 75W90NS is a non slippery gear oil, suitable for use with synchros, it isn’t corrosive to brass, bronze or copper as it contains a copper deactivator as do all of our GL-5 gear oils.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

---