<VV> LM and EM spares

JackPinard corvairjack at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 13:41:55 EDT 2015

Chuck wrote:
"Lousy idea. I had a flat. The truck driver said they they do not change tires on the road. Towed me in to the garage. Wait in line for service. I now carry spare jack and anything else I need."

My response:
Pioneers in wagon trains carried everything they needed to repair wheels.
Now it is unnecessary, and weight of spare and other stuff reduces mileage and increases costs.
Money saved pays for AAA card and somebody else does the grunt work.
This is not just my idea, many new cars come without spares.
My '06 Buick has air compressor and sealant kit for small punctures, but spare  stays at home.
If you insist on fixing tire on road please be careful, as many people die every year from collisions on the shoulder - including cops.
It is recommended that driver and passengers get far away from car and call for a tow truck. The wait may save their lives.
Don't try to be a pioneer.

corvairjack
Driver since 1947 in Car Country