<VV> AAA Thoughts.........

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 05:29:41 EDT 2015

Hobby cars towed in the past 10 years or so.

My 67 Monza 5 years ago, tossed a belt, tool box in other Corvair,
flatbedded home 15 miles, 20 minute wait.
My 61 Monza 4-door(long gone) blew the oil pressure switch, 20 miles, half
hour wait.
63 Greenbrier, harmonic balancer failure, cut oil filter, 10 miles or so.
73 Thunderbird twice, once with a coil failure, second time points went bad
77 Lincoln. Pickup coil
66 T-bird fuel pump
66 Dodge Coronet. Once power steering hose (sprayed fluid all over the
motor) Once dead short in battery, fried fusible link.
79 Mercedes, alternator
While traveling with a friend(2 hobby cars) His transmission let go. My wife
rode home with him and the flatbed with his Super Bee. About 100 miles
and more........

My wife worked over 25 years as a rural carrier for the Post Office in
Western NY. Can't tell you how many times she was pulled out of the ditch
after being sucked in trying to deliver mail, or how many flats got changed
while on her route.

I use the AAA card for a discount on auto parts at NAPA, and I buy plenty.
Saves me at least $10 off a room rate while on business trips or personal
travel.

Museum admission discounts, and more.

For me, and my wife, the car pays for itself.

Gary Swiatowy
"your results may vary"