<VV> Fwd: What ATF?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Apr 8 23:30:25 EDT 2015

I agree. It will cost about $1500 to change the PG fluid every 3k miles
for 150k mile life. More if you need to buy the pan gasket. About the
same as a tranny rebuild with no fluid changes. And the rubber parts
still age, even with changing the fluid, so it will still need
rebuilding for that. Of course that is like every 40 years, which is
about 3800 miles a year, typical or high miles for a collector car.

Then we can also discuss how you cannot change all the fluid unless you
remove the torque converter or add drain plugs to it.

I can hardly remember EVER changing PG fluid on my or customer cars
before the 100k mark. Now towing or other hard service is a different story.

Let's have a vote, how many have actually changed the PG fluid more than
once during their ownership?

Frank DuVal