<VV> Wheel locked up

mrmaxum at aol.com mrmaxum at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 15:29:07 EDT 2015

I have been following the oil threads so I changed my oil (don't know what was in it, bought the truck 6 months ago) put GL4 in it. Started up the other evening and headed down I-64 in Nitro, WV go about two miles on the interstate running 60 MPH the right rear wheel locked up leaving a black streak on the interstate about 100 feet.  Not saying the oil did it but 1st. question I think its the transaxle maybe the spider gears don't know just what some mechanics said but someone else on VV may know.  Second question does anyone on east coast have a rear end they want to sell? If that is the problem.  Put the truck on the rack and the wheels turn free till you try to turn them the same way, or start with wheels off floor just kills the engine. Thanks Roger mrmaxum at aol.com.