<VV> Wheel locked up

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 15:35:40 EDT 2015

I have been following the oil threads so I changed my oil (don't know what was
in it, bought the truck 6 months ago) put GL4 in it. Started up the other
evening and headed down I-64 in Nitro, WV go about two miles on the interstate
running 60 MPH the right rear wheel locked up leaving a black streak on the
interstate about 100 feet.  Not saying the oil did it but 1st. question I think
its the transaxle maybe the spider gears don't know just what some mechanics
said but someone else on VV may know.  Second question does anyone on east coast
have a rear end they want to sell? If that is the problem.  Put the truck on the
rack and the wheels turn free till you try to turn them the same way, or start
with wheels off floor just kills the engine. Thanks Roger mrmaxum at aol.com.

Sounds like Spider gear/s  since only one wheel locked up.

Corvair Ranch in Penn.   is your east coast used parts supplier...  or if you've joined your local Chapter of Corsa.....  members always have stashes...

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages