<VV> Wheel locked up

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:53:24 EDT 2015

Locked up or started turning backwards?  You can probably tell by looking at
the tire.  Does it have one flat spot or was the tread ground all the way
around?  If locked up, I'd start by checking the brakes on that side.  If it
isn't the brakes, the problem is somewhere in the transaxle and it doesn't
matter much where because it is coming out anyway.  With a truck, you can
take the floor up and take the top cover off the differential to inspect it.
If you can turn one wheel and have the other turn the opposite direction,
the spider gears are working.  More likely you have a problem with the ring
and pinion or inside the transmission itself.  Your comment about killing
the engine isn't clear, but probably precludes a brake problem.  In gear or
out?  Clutch engaged or not?

Jim Becker