<VV> Corvair main bearings .030

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 10:57:40 EDT 2015

A while back I was looking for some crankshaft bearings .030 to match the rod bearings I picked up at a auto parts store that was closing.  To date I have not found any and I am now wondering maybe these bearings are for another type engine.   In some quick research I've noticed other engine cranks can be turned ,030.  I personally wouldn't want to turn a Corvair crankshaft to .030, as I've been told by the Pro's its not safe to do so.  I have plenty of other cranks to work with.  Does anybody know anything about what type engine these might fit besides Corvair?  Anybody want to buy them? $25.00 plus shipping.  My wife and I went to The Auto Fair at the Charlotte Motor Speedway last weekend and we had a good turn out of Corvairs. The Queen City Corvair Club two times a year hosts the Corvair show.  All that went had a good time. I found some new aftermarket late model shocks, new early transmission mounts. ignition switches and brake light switches, plus a host of other NOS parts.   The next Auto Fair Show will be in September 2015. I have a friend that is selling a 1960 four door Corvair for his step son.  Fairly good car, but would need restoration. Couple of floor panels will need to be replaced. Rest of the car appears to be solid.  Data info is Vin 00569W241692,   60-0569,  WR31860, Trim 885, paint 916A, ACC CD  Yes its a 500.  Asking price $2750.  located in Goose Creek SC,  His name is Heyward Wiggins telephone 803-971-2964.Our National Convention is drawing near and Most of us going are getting ready to go there.  Looks like a big turn out judging by the number of rooms being reserved.  CORSA still has some Locator books left.  Nice thing to have if you break down and need assistance. I don't leave home with out one. $8.00 Post paid.  Still have Rampside t-shirts at $12.00 each plus 20% shipping cost.  Plenty of Tech tip books, however, Vol 3 is starting to get low on inventory.   CORSA Merchandise can be purchased thru the CORSA web site corvair.org or thru me.  I don't have credit card capability here yet.  I can send you the merchandise you want by making  a check to CORSA for the amount of the purchase. Most of the time I can do a same day shipping. At this time I am going out to may CORSA and start changing the clutch and pressure plate in it.  Hope to see you all at Knoxville. Jerry Brown