<VV> LM front suspension shims

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 15:10:40 EST 2015

It was a very common procedure to use shims on the upper control arm bolts
to do camber and caster. Yes, both, caster by varying the thickness of the
shims front to back, camber by changing front and rear shim by the same
thickness.

So, if this alignment was done in 65, then the technician may have never
seen the lower camber bolt before.

Even my 94 to 96 GM full sized wagons still use upper control arm shims.

Frank DuVal

Original email: