<VV> wire welders

Harry Yarnell (Verizon) harryyarnell at verizon.net
Wed Feb 4 15:06:41 EST 2015

I'm going to put in my .02 cents worth on this subject.

Years ago (late '70s), I bought a no name Italian MIG welder. It served me
well until this past summer when a lighting strike took it out. I'm not a
welder; but occasionally I need to weld something and this Italian job
worked. Key here is occasional.

I replaced it with a Horrible freight flux wire welder (170) for somewhere
around $150. Wasn't too keen on the idea of flux wire, but it could be used
as a true mig with a spool and tank swap.

It worked fine as a flux welder  that I've yet to convert it to mig.

Now, my experience with electrical stuff from Harbor Freight is they don't
last forever. But the stuff is cheap; toss it and get another.

Harry Yarnell

Perryman Garage &

Orphanage

harryyarnell at verizon.net