<VV> Craigslist Warning : Be especially careful when buying/selling on Craigslist!

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Wed Feb 4 15:31:44 EST 2015

Hi Joel ~

Of course we should be careful all the time, but it begs the question of
heightened caution that I raised.

Craigslist is just one common problem of strangers getting hurt or killed by
strangers, and my caveat applies of course to any meetup with a stranger.

Can that happen at your own front door?  Of course it can ...

To say to "be cautious all the time" is too generic, and while true, it is
not really feasable to be hyper-alert all the time.

I have to ask why the deal would be off if they asked you to meet them at a
police station?

Are you saying "all police are corrupt" and you'd trust a stranger more?
To say "all politicians/lawyers/police/[insert title here] are corrupt"
leaves people thinking that it can't be changed, but it can change if we
focus on the realities And not the cliches.

In the case of the couple who drove 180 miles to buy what looks like a
chopped up car were ultra-un-alert to meet anyone in the middle of nowhere
with enough cash to buy a car!

What happened to that couple is very sad, and they didn't deserve to pay
such a high price for their carelessness, but they were extremely careless
nonetheless and meeting at a police station would/could/might not have saved
their lives, especially if their murdered called the deal off!

So, I'm curious Joel, since the deal would be off if it were a classic
Corvair Corsa turbo convertible that you wanted to buy, and if they wanted
to meet at a police station, where would *YOU* have met them (assuming you
wanted to buy the car)?

Charlie