<VV> Corvair Brake Line Problem Solved, then Alternator Problem Solved (Several Caveats/Warnings)

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 22:13:10 EST 2015

NICE! I prefer to "go thru" items on my car (like the alternator) before driving my cars any distances instead of waiting for things to happen. It's called PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. And based on the outside age and appearance of your oil filter you don't do the same. It is pretty easy to replace both alternator bearings (1 front and 1 rear) as well as the brush set. At the same time I like to clean all the connectors and make certain they are all tight. It would also be easy to come up with a better 12volt junction point than what Chevrolet did instead of waiting for it to be an issue.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301
Looking forward to driving 1 of my Corvairs to Knoxville in June