<VV> Correct Battery Group

Brent Fullard brent.fullard at rogers.com
Fri May 1 21:18:17 EDT 2015

I was wondering when Kent was going to weigh in? Thanks Kent for that definitive battery treatise!

I confronted the same dilemma as Robert this past month when faced with replacing the Delco tar top battery in my '66 Corsa. My decision was made easier by the fact that tar tops are not sold in Canada, so that meant paying US$265, plus shipping  quotes of as much as $150, plus 13% tax when it crosses the border for a grand total of CDN $586.15. That, combined with the fact that my engine bay has a Sanden compressor in it as opposed to an original Fridgidaire, meant..... no tar top for me and instead off to the local WalMart store. When I got home I used a heat gun to remove all the labels to render the battery as discrete as possible. I will however keep the Delco for display purposes.