<VV> Electrical short in power top "cut off" switch?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Wed May 6 20:02:34 EDT 2015

You've discounted the battery when shutting down for the night, right?

I believe the GM manual does not cover the power top "cut off" switch, which sounds like where your problem is.

The switch opens when top is in "full up" (or is it "full down"?) position, and stops the motion of the top.

Could it be that this switch is not opening properly, draining the battery?

I recall having to practically reverse engineer the switch's operation, since it's not in the manual, at least not clearly enough to actually use it to trace the circuit, much less how it's supposed to work :<{!

However, I think that switch is the problem ...
Charlie