<VV> Need some tuning help

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 20:34:35 EST 2015

You probably need a different distributor. But the kicker is you still have
the 80 hp cam,and a short stroke early crank with 110 heads.
What is your compression reading? The higher the compression the more
aggressive the distributor curve needs to be.

I'd say a 110 distributor, and if you were to go buy one, I'd suggest you
go with Seth Emerson's electronic ignition ones. And I would let him know
what you have done to the engine.

When I did my 62-102 overhaul I did the full conversion to a 64-110 and the
old distributor was terrible for that engine. a 110 worked great. But I,
like you, had a overheating problem, too. It only took a reduction of 2
degrees to stop that and the engine straightened out.

So before doing anything advance to 6 degrees and try it, then 8, then 10
and so on. Find where it runs the best, and see if that is satisfactory
performance for the setup you have avoiding the overheating.

Maybe there are people out there who can help who have a similar setup

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho