<VV> Need some tuning help

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 10:37:14 EST 2015

Scott,

It sounds like the problems are a result of the 110hp heads. The change  in
Cr is likely causing the problem.
Try setting the initial timing to something between 4 and 12 degrees and
see how it runs. Also try a different distributor.

But the overheating?....How do you know that it is overheating? This isn't
a likely occurrence from your description of things. Are you sure you are
getting overheat?

When you say it's set to 12 deg, runs but won't restart,  please  define
conditions. Is the engine turning over? At what speed ? slow? Will it  start
then if you retard the timing a little?

Did you change anything else? Are the valves set correctly? I ask, because
your engine should start and run pretty well at either 4 or 12 deg.

I'm inclined to think something else is causing the problem.

Bob Helt

In a message dated 11/6/2015 10:46:00 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,