<VV> Auto Zone Alternators

movair at aol.com movair at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 20:46:57 EST 2015

  Personally, I find it very difficult to go into Auto Zone for ANYTHING I can't personally put my hands on and take to the counter and pay for. Especially, the one near me. I once went into the local A.Z. to purchase some replacement 1/4-20 Heli-Coil inserts as I had run low. I walked straight to the counter and was asked by the counterman if he could help me. I asked him if they carried Heli-Coils and he went right to his keyboard and monitor and asked, " What year and make of car? " Then he wanted to know if I wanted fronts, rears, or both!! I said again, "Heli-Coils." I still don't know which one of us had the biggest " deer in the headlights" look.
  Mind you, this was not some high school, auto shop flunky. This guy had some years on him. As it turned out, he was looking for " coil springs " under suspension parts. I decided to look for them on my own and did find them under the Cal-Van name, I believe. It's been years, but I still won't go to Auto Zone for parts, even if it's not a Corvair part. My two cents worth.

Kelly Parker
Corvair Atlanta