<VV> Engine temps

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Nov 9 18:31:32 EST 2015

Smitty says;   I have tried to follow this thread but I give up.  Some of
you guys are talking apples and oranges with a few bananas thrown in.
Trying to compare oil temps to water temps and oil temps of an air cooled
engine to that of a liquid cooled engine.  I'd be willing to bet that nobody
that is trying to make comparisons of the two types has an oil temp gage on
their water pumper.  Coolant temperature of a water pumper is very stable
under varying loads, while air cooled engines can make wild variations of
coolant temperature with every throttle setting.