<VV> Surging at Cruise

edward szuch egszuch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:24:44 EST 2015

My stock 66 Corsa 140 also suffers from this surging condition and I've
tried just about all of the good suggestions that have been offered without
real success.  I've replaced plugs, wires, cap, points and condenser - no
help. I've checked dwell variation and it's OK. It is sensitive to timing
as Sethracer suggested.  Backing the timing off a few degrees helps but I
didn't want to take the performance/fuel economy hit (yet).  Pulling and
plugging the vacuum advance immediately helps but I'm not going there.
Because of the age of the car, I replaced the damper thinking the ring may
have slipped and was giving the wrong timing.  I've replaced the 140
advance can with a Clark's can trying to limit advance.  This only gives a
more lazy advance curve.  So, I'm thinking more about the power enrichment
circuit that was mentioned in one of the responses.  The carbs have been
rebuilt and I think all is OK but I'm not sure if all circuits are
completely clean given that the car sits most of the time.
Thanks - good luck!