<VV> ac car questions

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Oct 10 22:45:04 EDT 2015

The 66 solenoid mounts to the shroud on the left side, over those three
dimples. The 65 solenoid mounts to the condenser mounting bracket.
Different parts.

Adjust idle with the A/C off, using the carb screws like you would on a
non-A/C car, especially SINCE YOU SHOULD NOT RUN the A/C with the engine
lid open. You WILL bust a hose due to high head pressure. This is why GM
installed a mercury switch on the engine lid for 66 and 67 firewall
mounted condenser models. Sorry for the shouting, but I have seen hoses
rupture from people doing this. Very exciting!

If the idle does not remain the same compressor on to compressor of,
then adjust the rod to match speeds. Or at least adjust rod to keep
engine from stalling at idle with the compressor on.

It is possible to mount two relays under the dash to remove the heavy
current through the rare and prone to failure A/C fan switch, without
modifying ANY factory wiring. I just have to remember what I did!

Frank DuVal

Replace the carbs? Just get them rebuilt, Ha!  gggg