<VV> 5 speed corvair

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 22:43:49 EDT 2015

Rick, one thing that has happened as we have added more gears to keep
engine rpms lower, we also improved the induction, exhaust, and changed cam
profiles and timing.
Our engines are designed to run higher rpms to keep them in the most
efficient power bands for the engine design that also protect internal
components so they survive.
Today's engines are nothing like the engines of the 60's and while that new
4 cylinder car with 170 HP runs down the freeway at 1800 rpms and has
plenty of torque if you do that with a Corvair you will destroy it..
Mark Durham
Hauser Idaho