<VV> 5 speed corvair

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 06:14:00 EDT 2015

The Subaru tranny, when you tear it down, buy the reversed R&P, modify the tail housing, etc., will probably cost as much as the Porsche unit. And the shifter shaft comes out of the top, whereas the Porsche tranny has this shaft coming out very nearly in the Corvair location.
And the Porsche unit comes in a range of ratios.
I would actually go look at total costs before saying out of hand Porsche gearboxes cost more.

As far as using the Subaru AWD, it has a 50/50 torque split on most versions. That's too much to the front.

IMHO...

John Roberts