<VV> Flying Sparkplug

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Fri Sep 4 11:35:17 EDT 2015

Yes, flying sparkplugs are one of those rare options.    I have had one
or two come out also.   While helicoils might work fine, I prefer to use
TimeSerts.   These are installed so that the inner lower wall of the
insert is thicker and after installation tends to lock itself in place
better than helicoils.    The inserts are more expensive at around $3 or
so and the installation tool kit is more expensive at something over
$50-60.   However, I still like them.   I also use them to replace
stripped out head stud threads and they work well PROVIDED you run a tap
over the head stud threads so they go into the TimeSert without
binding.   If you do not do that you will tear out the TimeSert from the
block after installation, which trashes the entire block.

Don't ask!

Larry