<VV> 3-speed reminder

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 9 10:12:26 EDT 2015

I do not know if they are still around, but I worked on two 65 Monza
convertibles with the three speeds. One even had the odd combo of dark blue
exterior, red interior. I thought it was a repaint until I read the body
tag!

I also test drove a Corsa convertible here for sale a few years ago, ugly
blue fresh paint (Earl Scheib blue looked better) over bad bodywork, that
had a three speed. There was no letter on the data plate for a four speed.
I checked later and the guy said he shipped it to California. Who buys
rusty eastern cars and ships them to California? The seller also had
ordered 5 used/rusty wheels from New York so he could put the correct 13"
tires back on it. If by correct you mean 175/70R13...

Another eBay special!

Frank DuVal

Original email: