<VV> Engine Assembly Mystery

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:37:13 EDT 2015

Brian, you are in an interim state. Finish assembly of the engine. I assume
you honed and installed new rings in there?

My engines are normally so tight when the build is done I can barely turn
it over by hand.

As long as there was no binding on the crank when you assembled and torqued
the case halves and all clearances were checked per manual specifications
it should be fine.

I have noticed the same thing, it finds a neutral spot as the crank goes
from push to pull and its harder to get things started again, rings must
reposition themselves, etc., but is normal.
Mark Durham
Hauser, ID.