<VV> Generators vs Alternators Throwing Belts

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:47:13 EDT 2015

That brings to mind back in college. My girlfriend (now wife of 43 years)
was on her way up from WSU to see me in Spokane when the alt/gen light came
on on our original 62. She lifted the lid, saw the generator aft mount had
broken then the gen ear and thrown belt, put the lid down, sat on the hood
with her legs crossed, to attract attention, got a lift from some college
guy she knew a few minutes later. I got the parts and took her back down
and in 20 minutes the car was back on the road.
Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho