<VV> 66 A/C Update

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 22 15:18:43 EDT 2016

And Garry, guessing on how much refrigerant you are putting in ("I think I added a pound") is by no means a professional way of servicing your A/C system. Just sitting there with a 30 pound cylinder partially empty is nothing more than guessing. Sorry if this is what you don't want to hear. With the system off, both high and low pressures should be close to equal. Never do you want to see the low side pressure (suction side) go hardly any lower than 30 PSI. If your system is fully charged (proper amount of refrigerant) and the low side goes too low that means you have a restriction (expansion valve? Hose? Evaporator core?). 11 PSI with the compressor off tells me the system is almost empty of refrigerant.
BE SURE TO WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN WORKING ON CARS WITH A/C.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301