<VV> 66 A/C Update

Garry ntcagp at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 22 20:51:28 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Hopefully final update on the A/C - it is charged, running 32 psi low
and 205 psi high in 80 degree weather - in the shop. Putting out approx.
46 degrees from right hand vent after running about 30 minutes. Not
perfect numbers, but considering it hadn't run in 4-5 years, probably
not too bad. Alas, during the test drive, about 3 miles in, the
screeching returned. I believe the clutch is slipping, as it sounds
metallic in nature. When off it feels looser than it should, so I guess
that's the next step. Are these universal GM or is there that weird
reverse direction thing going on? Cooling down around here now, so
probably will make this a winter project.

Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement - and especially the
warnings!

Garry