<VV> Oil cap leaks

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Dec 9 12:12:11 EST 2016

Smitty says,,,   I don't care if a leaking cap is aggravated by too much blow by, or a stopped up PCV system or whatever.  It is not supposed to leak.  If it is, it should be fixed.  A perfectly healthy Corvair engine can throw droplets of oil up the tube and against the bottom of the cap.
On another note, I can tolerate a drip on the bottom of my bell housing from crankcase pressure more Than I can on the back of the turkey roaster, if only for esthetic reasons.