<VV> fan belts

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 3 18:34:18 EST 2016

The toothed belt also known as a Serated belt has been refered to by Larry Claypool as one you should not use (I don't kno why)
I replace my belt every 2 years and use the Clarks belt just because I don't want my Corvair to break one. As a matter of fact I remember the last belt I broke, after midnight, more than 100 miles from home, at least 30 miles from the nearest city and it was raining. The only good thing that evening, when the belt broke it hit the engine cover with an audible thump. I don't always see the "alt" light go on right away.