<VV> CPF, Corvair Museum & fan belts

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 23:29:00 EST 2016

Hi James, Hope that you are well and prosperous this new year.

As for old fan belts, my suggestion as to the expected life expectancy is a
 guess and golly this way, Take any old belt between your thumb and
forefinger  and press it into a small circle of about 2 inches diam.. Note the
amount to  force (effort) to do so. Then do the same with a new belt. Compare
there two  forces. Also note the belt's reaction. A new belt will do all of
this easily  with little effort. Old belts will take a lot of effort and will
complain by  cracking sounds. You need to do this to several old belts to
get a feel but I  have been quite successful in eliminating old belts that I'm
sure would soon  fail and to keep the still usable ones.
Bob Helt

In a message dated 1/3/2016 3:55:30 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,