<VV> Voltmeters Needed Re: fan belts

frankcb at aol.com frankcb at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 10:42:38 EST 2016

 Marc, that's why I recommend installing a?VOLTMETER that constantly?measures the actual charging voltage of the electrical system.? A long time ago I was driving at night on a major highway with my wife and little boy when I noticed that the voltmeter?I had installed on my 58 Plymouth was?barely showing 12 volts instead of the normal 13 to 14 volts.? I left the highway and pulled into a?safe spot and found that the fan belt was loose and slipping which was causing the problem.? All I had to do was?readjust the idler pulley thereby tightening the?fan belt and?bringing the charging voltage back to normal.? Without that voltmeter to give me the warning, who knows if we would have made it home without a much more serious problem.
?
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ???