<VV> turn signal switch

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 23:25:51 EST 2016

There is a methodical way to approach this. If the connectors under the
dash prove to be adequate, you will have to remove the steering wheel and the
turn signal actuator - That is the big "C" shaped piece the arm screws
onto. To do that you will have to drop down the outer housing. After the
actuator is removed, you will see how the switch works. There is no normal "wear
point" what happens is one of the connector springs either fails -
electrically  or mechanically - or enough corrosion occurs to isolate one of the
connections.  Before you remove anything or try to fix anything, compare your
contacts to the  photo in Matts e-mail. It doesn't take much to interfere or
tweak with a  contact in here. If you want to check all the other
connections, try  feeding 12 volts to the RR pin, and see if the that turn signal
lights. If you  remove the spring loaded piece, try not to bend it too much,
otherwise it will  probably cause other issues, like some lights sticking on.
Be gentle.

- Seth

In a message dated 1/14/2016 5:57:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,