<VV> Gas gage on "65 Corsa

jim bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 28 03:37:29 EST 2016

Did just that a while back.  I started with a new sender module Mostly so
I'd be able to determine the position of the pump and attached sock so it
was in the bottom of the tank.  I used a Radio Shack Banana plug jack as the
feed through to get power to the pump.  I encased it with JB Weld on both
sides of the mounting flange.  Now you've got a one piece, metal, insulated
feed through to bring power to the pump.  You will want a low pressure pump
and maybe a pressure regulator just to be safe.  My car is a turbo and its
carb has a notoriously finicky needle and seat.  You will have to cut and
bend the stock inlet pipe to position the pump where it needs to be.
On the electrical side, I employed both an oil pressure switch and crash
g-force switch to make sure the pump shuts off in the event of a crash.  As
soon as oil pressure comes up, the pump runs.  I wired it through a relay
with the N/C contacts of the relay going to the starter solenoid so the pump
runs when the engine is cranking.  That eliminates the need for a priming
switch in the event the carbs are dry after their long winter sleep.
Works like a champ!!
Jim '66 Turbovert