<VV> PG installation problem

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 16:53:05 EDT 2016

kovacsmj at yahoo.com

 I Replaced the torque converter due to a poor starter ring. 1966 4 dr. Now I cannot get the bell housing to completely mate up to the transaxle flange. It stops exactly 5/8 of an inch from mating and when pulled back very little and pushed forward the engine stops with a solid thud. Like something is not alighted inside the transaxle. What the heck am I doing wrong?  Same transaxle and same bell housing. I need help regardless even if you are just guessing.

Surely you have a manual??  They are FREE  Downloads...

Sounds like you are assembling backwards...   The TQ  goes on the Differential... there are THREE  splines to line up / engage..  and then slide the TQ  as far in as possible.

Attach engine to Diff...  fully bolted...

Then reach in the VENT  on the bellhousing  and slide TQ  forward and align THREE  bolts / Tabs with nuts...  install bolts..

Hope this is it!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio