<VV> Alternator mounting bolts.

air_cooled63 air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 13:10:48 EDT 2016

I like to use a 12 point 1 1/2 inch socket, however, now and then some strong armed guy will have the head of the bolt stripped and then I go to a 6 point socket. seems like when we are in a hurry things go wrong .  we need to be sure we are in a patient mood when working on a Corvair 50 years old.  then we should be patient when woring on any old car. My pet peeve is working  on a Corvair engine some one has over torqued the head bolts and stripped them out. By the way we are having great Fall weather and I'm driving my Corvair every where I  go.  Hope many others are doing the same. I hope Chuck in Santa Maria  CA. has his 64 convertible on the road and driving it.Jerry  Brown  in SC

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone