<VV> Speakers

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 09:40:53 EDT 2016

I did this several years ago. I took two 4X6 in., 4 ohm speakers, wired in
series. I used good quality high efficiency car speakers and mounted them
on a piece of fiber board that is the same size as the original 6X9 speaker.
I  covered the top of the fiber board with black grill cloth and the
perimeter with  some rubber weather stripping like the original speaker had to fit
up  against the underside of the dash. Then  I glued a block of wood to
the assembly for the speaker mounting bracket to hold the speaker up to the
dash. I did the same thing for the original rear speaker. It sounds the same
as  the original speakers, No better or worse with my stock AM/FM radio.
With the  rear speaker, you need to find speakers that are very shallow, or you
will have  problems with the grille and the package shelf depth.
Or, if you have the original speakers, they can be re-coned.

BTW: This is the third time I tried to send this message in the last three
days. For some reason the others did not go through.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe.

In a message dated 9/29/2016 9:17:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,