<VV> Speakers for LM

john beck jb30343 at windstream.net
Thu Sep 29 09:17:07 EDT 2016

A long time ago I thought about mounting two small 4 ohm speakers, wired
in series in the stock location.  I never did it but it would present
roughly 8 ohm impedance to the radio and depending on the speaker
selection, could sound pretty good.  One challenge would be finding high
efficiency 4 ohm drivers, that won't break the bank. You could also use
an impedance matching transformer.  I think Hammond makes some that
would work great and are fairly inexpensive.
--J.B.