<VV> Fw: Compac Rampside Camper Info

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 9 21:52:44 EDT 2017

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Greg Shaw <65vair180 at sbcglobal.net>
 To: "corvanatics at corvair.org" <corvanatics at corvair.org>
 Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 8:36 PM
 Subject: Compac Rampside Camper Info

Hello,  I thought I'd see if any of you folks might have any info as I received no replies from the Corvantics Group:    I am hoping one of you folks might have additional information first or second hand on the rare Compac 95 Rampside Camper. My friend John has the one (4R124S109251) from the CorvairKids website. According to the info on the Ben's Bus website only 9 or so of these were built.  My friend John & I are starting to replace parts and found that while replacing the brake parts that the typical rear shocks inside the spring are not there. Instead, there are a few brackets welded to the rear of the shock tower and lower control arm for an adjustable shock to be mounted behind the spring. I expect this to be a custom modification from a previous owner & not a modification from the camper  company. We would like to confirm this if possible.  Does anyone know of another Compac Camper still in existence or of any additional pictures? It would help John & I with trying to get it as original as possible. Or go to this website for additional pics.  S109251: Burl Faulk  Thanks in advance.
Greg ShawDearborn, MI

|   |
S109251: Burl Faulk
   |  |