<VV> LM DIsc Brake Conversion

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Apr 19 10:09:30 EDT 2017

On 4/14/2017 7:08 AM, Bryan Blackwell via VirtualVairs wrote:
> There have been several different caliper brackets offered.  Since you already have 15" wheels, you don't need to look for one that uses really small calipers, I'm pretty sure you can do this with mostly common GM parts.  I recall both Stinger Motorsports (David Clemens) and LeVair (Michael Leveque) have offered a set of brackets and a parts list.
>
> The big thing is getting the f/r balance correct, you may well need a new master cylinder too.

front /rear balance shouldn't be affected by the master cylinder, since
they all (I think?) have the same piston size for both - chambers?

If you go with a disk conversion and one end locks up before the other,
you can always put a proportioning valve in the circuit that locks up first.
They are only $25 or so.

when you say 'works as well as' - can you lock up the wheels if you
really stomp on the brakes? If not, maybe they're  not working as well
as possible?

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal