<VV> LM DIsc Brake Conversion

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Apr 19 21:30:51 EDT 2017

On 4/19/2017 8:17 AM, Bryan Blackwell via VirtualVairs wrote:
>> On Apr 19, 2017, at 10:09 AM, Jay Maechtlen via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:
>>
>> front /rear balance shouldn't be affected by the master cylinder, since they all (I think?) have the same piston size for both - chambers?
> Yes, but the master cylinder may not move enough fluid for the discs, and the overall pedal effort may not be what you want depending on caliper bore size.
I don't think that is an issue, discs take very little fluid to actuate
- the pads are riding right next to the rotor.
My car wants to lock the (front) drums first, but it has 1 1/16 front
wheel cylinders.
(no, the spindles I have won't mount stock Corvair cylinders)
Anyway, as Bryan says, there are lots of variables. Build with the
thought that you can always add the prop valve if you need it.

Again - can you lock all four wheels with your stock brakes?
If not, why not?

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal