<VV> Engine Rebuilding

Michael mmccrae6 at cox.net
Sat Aug 5 17:26:15 EDT 2017

One of the problems is engine age. Do I want to rebuild an engine with
50 year old seats, does the customer want to pay for all new seats and
guides?
  Can I offer a warranty on old metal, do I know what happens to this
engine the moment it leaves my shop?...these are all variables, and all
of us who
offer this service have been burned at one time or another. Thrown
belts, bad timing, air leaks...etc. alll of these lead to overheating
and failure.
After 75 engine rebuilds, I'm pretty much through except for special
cases.

Regards,
Mike McCrae