<VV> Hot wire

Richard Rnojunkmail at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 08:49:06 EDT 2017

The wire in question (the cloth covered wire from the firewall junction box to the solenoid connector) gets warm with the key on but I haven't had the motor running because I'm working on the engine too. Does that wire cool down when the motor is running because the points are open and closed?  The coil doesn't get hot and (correction) the negative connection to the coil doesn't get hot but that wire is really warm. Are you saying that if I manually open the points the wire will cool down? I can't find any shorts or bad wires. I can't believe the wire would get that hot with the key on. What if someone was just sitting listening to the radio? Is that how it was designed?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid