<VV> Need some information to help fix a problem with my 65Monza PG

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Thu Aug 24 01:59:57 EDT 2017

For automatics in general, you drain whatever will come out. Probably
not much advantage to warm it up first.
You should drop the trans pan, and clean it, and clean or replace the
filter.
- yes, you need a new gasket, and yes you check the pan for
straightness, etc. Straighten it anywhere the bolts have deformed it.
You refill by adding up to the dipstick, then starting the motor and
letting it run at idle in N.
Add until it stays up to the F mark (or near) after putting it in D, R,
back to N a few times with motor running.

--
Jay Maechtlen