<VV> Block Off Plates & USA visit

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Feb 22 16:08:20 EST 2017

Hi Carl,

Yes, back by #5 cylinder is a hose that feeds 'cool' air to the heater box.  The object is that when you move the 'Heat' control to something less than full, this air is mixed with hot air from the engine.  However, that hose also represents a big leak for #5, so although the heater doesn't work quite as intended, the piston/rings/valves on #5 live longer as a result.

Installation is simple, remove that hose adapter, then the plate is sandwiched between the hose adapter and the top shroud.

Enjoy the trip!

--Bryan